0 votes

iOS user: When I try to call a person from my contacts I get the "Connection error: 3, No route to destination" error message. If i use the dialpad to enter the phone number then everything is fine. But this means I have to memorize all the phone numbers in order to place a call. Why I am not able just to select a contact from the list and call? Please advice how to fix this issue. Thanks.

in iOS by (220 points)

1 Answer

+2 votes
Best answer

Hello,

You would need to use the Strip Dial Character feature of Zoiper for iOS. This is required due to the fact that when you are saving numbers to your Contact list iOS is adding specific symbols - dashes, brackets, empty spaces, etc., according to the region settings.

To use the Strip Dial Character, go to your account configuration and open the Number rewriting section, then add the empty space and other symbols that you would need to strip, but are not present. Save the settings and you should be ready to make calls properly from the contacts.

by (18.4k points)
selected by

Thanks, works now.

I need to strip +1 from my callback numbers on my Windows Zoiper.  However, I cannot find anywhere to do this in Settings.  Please provide greater detail.

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,158 users