+2 votes

Hello,

I am using ZOIPER 3.6.1 Library revision: 35079

The APP is interfering (a lot) with the other APPs. Some of the symptoms of the problem:

a) Waze assistent can't finish a sentence. In the middle of every sentence ZOIPER turns it off

b) RSSRadio stops playing audio

c) When I change the Airplay to the Iphone-Speaker I can hear a low noise. It's like Vinyl End of Record Sound, but in a very low volume. If you are young enough to misunderstand this, you can check the video in Vinyl End of Record Sound

How do I know it's Zoiper? Well, when I close it all this problems stops immediately.

Please help!

George

OBS: I use both call options "Keep Alive" and "Force Background".

in iOS by (140 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello,

Could you please be more specific about the issue you experience? Do these issues appear when Zoiper is in background? Or they appear when a call comes in or Zoiper is opened?

If the issues appear when Zoiper is opened or when incoming call comes in, this is completely normal, since the default behaviour on iOS is to release the audio devices when third-party application , which needs to use them, is started.  The only exception from this rule are some of the native iOS applications.

As for the issues with the noise played in background, this is observed when UDP transport is used and the options from the Incoming calls section in  Zoiper's Settings menu are enabled - "Force background" and "Wi-Fi Keep Alive". As a solution you may change the transport to be TCP or TLS, and disable the options mentioned above. To change the transport just go to the Network settings from the account configuration.

by (18.4k points)

Thank you for your attention Ivan. Yes, it happens when it is in background, that's the problem.

All the problem stops when I turn off "force background'. 

As you know how IOS works, without this option Zoiper is useful just to make calls. I need a softphone just to receive them. Without that option the only way (I know) to make it works is to let the Iphone unlocked with the app open. Is there another way?

My Voip service provider support said I have to use UDP and advised me to change the Audio setting from software to audio. In my tests the problem keeps happening.

Today I could realise a problem with Duolingo too. Besides the fact that Zoiper makes Duolingo stops every sentence in the middle, it also decreased the audio quality of that app. 

I'd like to take the opportunity to let you know another issue. As I am testing simultaneously the "call receiving process" I can tell that even when the "force background" is turned on, sometime it doesn't work. At least, not in the correct moment. I'll try to explain better: I tried to call my Voip from a landline while I was playing duolingo. Zoiper didn't ring at that time, but just when I closed Duolingo. The same problem could be observed with RSSRadio, for example.

Hello,

Try using the application with the Keep Alive option only - it should still keep the application running in background. Does the issue still persist?

Ivan,

The problem disappears when I turn off the "force background". But then the app stops ringing smartphone after some minutes. Even if I don't open any other app before locking the phone.

OBS.: I have two lines (connected to an IP-PBX) that rings simultaneously in my computer and in my smartphone so I can verify quite well when the smartphone is offline. I can tell you that: today, I can't trust the app when I turn off my computer IF the 'force background' is OFF.

Is there any other possible solution? Can I keep a hope that a future release correct this problem?

Hello,

We have found what is causing the issue after some extensive testing into our lab. The details are already provided to our developers and they are working on fix for this issue, which we plan to include into our next release.

We are going also to make an exception for you and to invite to test the Beta version of the next release. However to do that, we will need to have your iTunes account address, so we can send the invitation once the Beta version is ready. To send your iTunes account, please fill the contact form on our webpage and specifically choose that you are contacting us for the the iOS version.

Right Ivan,

Great news. I am glad you give me the opportunity to collaborate with you.

You can count on me.

George

I have the same issue. When is the new version due out?

Zoiper in Backgound kills all Audio

Hi, I still have the same issue with the latest zoiper update version 3.7.2, library revision: a47a93e.

I have a iPone 5s and IOS v.9.3.2 installed.

- the latest release notes says, that this issue has been fixed:

"Fixed noise on the speaker which appears sometimes when Zoiper is in background."

I have still the problem that sounds (e.g. ringtone) are very silent when Zoiper is in background.

When I may expect a fixed version?

Regards Roman

I am also using a 5s on 9.3.2, but this update fixed the issue for me.

It worked for me (Iphone 6 Plus / IOS 9.3.2)

But now I am having a different problem, Zoiper is changing all media from Iphone Speakerphone to Iphone.

When I am listenig any kind of audio from the speaker phone and open Zoiper Contacts/History/Chat/Setup, the sound goes out from the speakerphone to the phone. If I change to Dialpad it turns on the speakerphone againg. If I minimize Zoiper the speakerphone goes off.

I always use Force background" and "Wi-Fi Keep Alive.

The problem happens when Zoiper is open AND when it is in the background.

Hello,

I have the exact same issue. Could I please also request to participate in BETA test or at least request a date of when you plan to get the issue resolved?

I am using newst iPhone 6s (2 weeks old) with newest IOS

Hello,

A lot of clients are using the app in combination with our VPBX and experience the same issue.

I've tested it with :

- Zoiper 3.7.2 for iPhone library version a47a93e (iPhone 6S)

- Zoiper Premium 1.13.2 for iPhone library version a47a93e (iPhone 6S)

The problem is there on both versions, when will there be an update for this one?

Thank you.

Nicolas

Please contact us on support at zoiper dot com, so we can give you more details about how to test the beta.

Thanks Ivan, emailing you now :)

Hi Ivan,

I have tested the beta version of the new release and unfortunately same issue persists.

Another new version was available for update today, however the issue persists :(

Hi,

I am having the same problem while using iPhone 6, as soon as I install the latest Zoiper application, the ring tone, message alerts, volumes of other applications go down to a very low level. This problem leaves me uninstall the app as nothing else works properly.

Can you guys advise if there is a way to fix this or any update to the app coming up soon to address the issue?

Many thanks.

BR//

Asim

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,138 users