–1 vote

Hello Team,

I am working from a OpenAFS user environment (home folder not from local machine, distributed login). I have Zoiper installed in my machine. However, when I start zoiper, it is unable to complete the process. From strace I see that Zoiper is unable to create socket file.

I tried creating symbolic link for .Zoiper into /tmp directory. Which actually helped me in starting zoiper. However, in Zoiper, even the config file is inside .Zoiper folder. Hence, the configuration are lost next time I login. I am looking for an option to have stick to same config.xml file and still have the socket created.

Can some suggest a method by which I can get this done. Or is there any other alternative to have Zoiper profile per user in an OpenAFS environment.

Thank You

__

Regards

Praveen P

in Linux by (110 points)

Hello,

which zoiper product are you using? Is it classic, 3 or 5? Is it biz or free?

Hello Katina,

It is Zoiper 3.3.25608 64 bit - Free version.

Zoiper 3 will always look for its configs in the ~/home folder.

Did you try using the old Zoiper Classic? It has no installer and keeps all its files in the directory where it is started from. On newer distros it could need some additional libraries though..

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,136 users