+1 vote

When on a call via wifi, if signal drops and the device switches to mobile data, audio is lost. This is commonly referred to as "handoff", which CSipSimple and Linphone support, probably by sending a new INVITE when a network change is detected.

Does ZoiPer have this capability? It would be nice not to lose audio if I go out of range of the wifi access point where a call started. Signaling still appears to work, because I can end the call and it immediately hangs up on the other end... but audio does not reconnect. If I get back onto the same wifi network without hanging up, audio works again.

I'm using UDP - I have no choice, TCP not supported by the PBX I have to use. I have tried with STUN enabled and disabled, as well as with RPORT for media on and off. No setting seems to trigger a re-INVITE when the network changes.

in Android by (160 points)

It's definately something I would love to see on Zoiper since I often lost calls by switching from wifi to mobile data.

Looking forward to an answer from the Zoiper's team.

1 Answer

0 votes
Best answer

It is already implemented (at least in Zoiper PRO).

by (450 points)
selected by
Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,096 users