0 votes

I used the last Zoiper android version.

I didn't subscribe to the Push version but without this option, how long time Zoiper can receive incoming call since Zoiper has been started ? 20 minutes later ? 3 hours later?

I couldn't find this answer after researching.

Thank you

in Android by (230 points)

Hi,

for which Zoiper version your question is related?

Hi,

It's the Android Zoiper 2.12.4

On android it depends by the manufacturer of the phone and the Android's customisation. 
Zoiper might work properly the whole day, or might get killed just after a minute on background.

Try first removing it from the power management of the device. If it doesn't help, set the background mode from the Zoiper settings to "Constant wake-lock".

So,if I modify the power management ( Constant wake-lock, autostart,...)in the phone to make sure Zoiper is running anytime,I won't  miss any phone calls despite I don't subscribe to the push version?

Depending on your phone's brand and model, maybe. But this cannot be guaranteed.

For example, on Huawei phones even the PUSH notifications might not be very reliable due to the aggressive power manager.

My phone is a Xiaomi redmi 4 x

Thank you for the link,much appreciated.

But actually,I  already did that actually.I found that link a few days ago.

Just to make sure I understand properly:

If I use all these settings in the link you provided without the push option, will I receive any incoming calls? 

Those option should help when you use the wake-lock or the constant wake-lock method for Zoiper. Try enabling the "Constant wake-lock" and see if there will be any missed calls. 

Ok, thank you for that.

But then, what is the exact benefit of purchasing the Push option ?

It will be a lot more reliable. If you follow the steps on the guide and have push you should receive calls in 99% of the time.

I don't mind purchasing the push option if that can guarantee me to receive phone calls  but in order to save power on the phone, can I just purchase the push option by reverting back the power settings  to their original state?

Or what would be the best approach ( by mixing the push option and power settings)  to receive phone calls  99% of the time wit the lowest battery usage?

When you use the PUSH, the background options are disabled automatically. If the server of your VoIP service provider allows longer registration expiration times and does not send lots of packets, you should have pretty low battery usage.

The voip provider which is OVH told  me the default registration time is 1800 seconds for a sip account.

Should that be enough ?

Also,I noticed we can modified the Registration expiration time in Network Settings in Zoiper Android. By default, it is on 60 seconds.Should that settings be left as it is ?

Thank you

Hi,

1800 should be fine for the PUSH service. Regarding the expiration time, when you enable the PUSH, it will be extended automatically to the maximum allowed by the server. We will send a register with 1 month and whatever maximum allowed is replied by the server, will be used.

As for Zoiper without the PUSH service, it will be better to keep short registration times.

Thank you for the information!

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,954 users