0 votes

I am going to get a new laptop, and would like to transfer the contact list when reinstalling Zoiper.

The problem is that I cannot find any contact list file locally, even if the checkbox for this option in checked by default. The first option which is also checked is the Zoiper server, but I don't know that I have any login there.

The third option is the Zoiper Biz paid version, which I do not have. It is not written anywhere, in Zoiper or in the online help, that you need the paid version in order to transfer contacts.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice!

in Windows by (160 points)

Hello,

Could you please share if you are using Zoiper 3 or Zoiper Classic?

Version 3.9.32144 32bit, library revision 32121, running on Win7

Sorry I didn't mention it right away, didn't think about it.

1 Answer

+1 vote
Best answer

Hello,

The contacts file is named Contacts.xml and resides in the %APPDATA%\Zoiper folder for the current user. Depending on the Windows version it might be C:\ProgramData.

Please open a file browser, type %APPDATA% in the address bar and press Enter. Then open the folder named Zoiper. Take the file Contacts.xml and copy it in the correspondent folder on your new computer.

by (23.9k points)
selected by

Perfect! It wasn't under Program Files, but under my user profile. I tried to look there as well, but couldn't find it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Presence on transferred contact list
Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,964 users