0 votes

Hi,

I installed Zoiper on my Windows Phone 8.1 (Lumia 640) to test my Asterisk Server.

Yesterday it worked just fine, but today when I try to make a call, it says call ended, and then it shows me an active call, as the call did not end, but continued in the background.

Also it is no longer possible to call the Windows Phone since it would not ring but go to Voicemail after the timeout specified.

On OS X as well as iOS it works just fine, so I believe that my asterisk configuration is just fine.

In the top status bar it shows me:

that my account is registered and my presence is set to available.

It also keeps showing me active calls even if I tap on them and tap on the hang-up button.

My Asterisk dialplan looks like this:

exten => 99,1,Dial(IAX2/iax.roland,30)

exten => 99,2,Voicemail(99@default)

exten => 99,n,HangUp()

exten => 5000,1,Dial(IAX2/iax.iPod,30)

exten => 5000,2,Voicemail(5000@default)

exten => 5000,n,HangUp()

exten => 5,1,Dial(IAX2/iax.zoiper2,30)

exten => 5,2,Voicemail(5@default)

exten => 5,n,HangUp()

5000 is logged in on OS X, 5 is logged in on iOS and 99 is logged in on Windows Phone.

I can call between 5000 and 5 but not to 99. 99 goes to Voicemail after the timeout without ringing on the Windows Phone.

The strange thing is that it worked fine yesterday. And without any changes on my asterisk config (iax accounts, extensions, voicemail) it won't work today.

in Windows Phone by (160 points)

2 Answers

0 votes

Windows Phone does not ring most probably because Zoiper has been put away, as there is no Background on Windows Phone. This is something that helps with Windwos Phone 8:

http://www.zoiper.com/en/tutorials/push-notifications

by (4.0k points)

Hi,

thanks for the reply,

I read this tutorial, but that is not the case.

I have my phone lying next to my iPod, both unlocked and active in the app.

Sometimes it won't display an incoming call, but go directly to voicemail. The other problem (when one problem appears the other does as well) is that when i call another extension, the Windows Phone shows me: Call ended 00:02 but I see an active call and after a few seconds, the other extension does ring, and i can pickup and talk, but my windows phone thinks I have already ended the call.

I did find a tutorial where somebody said that this could be when an account is signed in at more than one device. I did use different accounts for every device but just to be sure I created a new account for the phone and than it worked just fine.

Is that a problem with the duration of the registration?

It seems to work when I am at home, but when I am in a different Network the account I used at home won't work (problems as above) and any other account will work just fine once I connected and registered it.

I hope someone could help.

Best regards, 

Roland

When one and the same VoIP account is used on more than one device - the device that register last with the server will receive the call.

0 votes

Good Morning!

I have at least one partial solution that works perfectly for me on the incoming calls side on Windows Phone. Get a free LinPhone.org account, have one of your VOIP ring locations go to that SIP account, and then install LinPhone app on your Windows Phone and sign in with the LinPhone account. They've setup the proper push notifications perfectly, and in the past two months 100% of my incoming calls have rang to my Windows Phone (8.1 and a 10) within the first ring, with great voice quality.

However, I have the same outgoing issue on Windows Phone, I often place a call, with the account registered correctly, it's call status will immediately say ended, and the same on Active Calls, but then I'll realize it's actually ringing and working. The primary issue with that is then we have to kill the Zoiper  app in order to hang up the call.

I'm going to be writing a few articles on my setup with Windows Phone and VOIP/SIP/Zoiper setup on Www.techzerker.com shortly. Hopefully that incoming trick helps at least.

Thanks!

by (140 points)
Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,177 users