0 votes

Hi,

I have installed my own Asterisk server.

I have an IAX2 as well as a SIP account. I can place calls from both accounts, but with Zoiper on WP8.1 I can only receive calls on my IAX2 account, the SIP account won't ring, the call would go straight to voicemail (after the timeout specified in dial).

My extensions are set as follows:

exten => 99,1,Dial(IAX2/iax.lumia,30)

exten => 99,2,Playback(tt-weasels)

exten => 99,n,HangUp()

exten => 44,1,Dial(SIP/sip.lumia,30)

exten => 44,2,Playback(tt-weasels)

exten => 44,n,HangUp()

I can't see a difference.

Best regards, Roland

in Windows Phone by (160 points)

2 Answers

0 votes

Hello,

Please make sure that the sip account is registered. If the account is not registered it might make calls, but will not be able to receive incoming calls.

by (23.9k points)

thanks for the tip. 

I just tested that, both accounts were registered, and when I unregistered the IAX2 account it was no longer able to receive the call.

the SIP account (registered and available) never received a call.

0 votes

Not knowing anything about your network topology, I guess that it could be a firewall issue.

SIP uses out-of-band signalling involving two UDP port which makes it tricky to near impossible to traverse some kinds of firewalls or NATs.

IAX only uses a single UDP port, thus being much more firewall-friendly.

Cheers,

Jeff

by (160 points)

I thought about that already, but outgoing calls work all the time, therefore I assumed that the firewall was not the problem.

Is there also a way to use IAX with Push notifications? all tutorials use SIP?

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,182 users