0 votes

What is Zoiper doing to drain my battery even when I set it as inactive on my mobile phone (because I want my computer to receive calls when I am at home)?

in Android by (180 points)

Hello,

At the moment Zoiper does not support hotspot preferences, however it is in our to-do list for the future releases.

Could you please tell us more about:

- how did you discover that it is zoiper that is draining your battery?

- what is the exact version of Zoiper that you are using?

- what are the brand and model of your android device?

- do you completely exit Zoiper, or do you just unregister the account?

1 Answer

0 votes

I have not installed any other app on my Samsung Note 3 (SM N9005 Android v5.0) for a long time so I am familiar with how quickly the battery runs down.

After installing Zoiper (1.30) and registering with my provider I noticed immediately that the battery was running down a lot faster. Then I set Zoiper as inactive so that I could register my computer to receive and make calls instead. The battery continued to be consumed seemingly as before.

So I did a 'force stop' which has put matters back to how they were before installing Zoiper.

by (180 points)

there is no question here :)

Zoiper needs to keep a connection to the server at all times, that means sending a packet every minute or so when using udp and every 10+ minutes with TCP.

This transmitting is what is using most of the battery life.

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,139 users