0 votes

Hi, I use Zoiper for Android, on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9506 with purchased G729 codec. I created 2 profiles for my SIP provider: P1 and P2. In both profiles the G729, aLaw and uLaw codecs are placed on top of the list. The difference is that in P1 I want the G729 codec to be disabled and in P2 this codec is enabled and put in priority list on the first position. The problem is that for profile P1 the "disabled" state of the codec is not preserved: whenever I restart Zoiper, the codec is enabled again. The problem is applicable to purchased G729 codec only.

I have reported the issue and it was assigned an ID [zoiper #146575]. However, it looks like dev team is not going to fix it in the near future. Hence my question is: is there a way to "unbundle" or turn off completely the purchased G729 codec, as currently its presence creates more problems than benefits for me.

Thanks in advance for any help

in Android by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

It's not possible to unpurchase the codec (unless we do it on our end).

I am checking with the dev team to see what happened with your bug report.

by (11.5k points)

Thanks a lot! 

Both options will work for me, but, of course, the best solution would be fixing the original issue.

Unfortunately, the bug is still not fixed and continues to cause me problems. Ironically enough it would be indeed better, if i did not purchase the codec. Now that I discovered that my provider supports Opus and having purchased Zoiper Gold, I hardly can find the use for G729.

So could you please either fix the bug or "unbundle" the codec for me on your side?

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,120 users