0 votes

This is not really an android question, or even specifically a ZoiPer question, but I am hoping some smart people here can help, as this behavior has already defied many attempts at explanation.

Basically, I have a couple of handfuls of VoIP accounts. About half of them "work" (meaning I can use the account information to make calls), and half of them do not (meaning I am completely unable to even register with a sip server). I know the credentials are valid - in many cases, I can even log into the associated web sites with them (assuming they don't have separate sip and account logins). When I say I can't register, that means I can't register: ZoiPer, a number of other softphones, and even real hardware VoIP phones.

To give real examples, I have a Callcentric account that works perfectly form anywhere, and a Localphone account which I literally have not been able to register from anywhere for several months. I have spent hours trying to track this down (as have their support people), and their last offered answer is to blame my network (same problem if I am using a VPN, so that network routers and firewalls can not rewrite the packets before they exit the local network). They also indicated the fact that they don't proxy media might be a source of the issue.

In ZoiPer, attempts at registration eventually die with a 408 (timed out) message. I am wondering if anyone here might have an idea of what is causing this, or offer some advice about troubleshooting.

Thank you in advance.

in Android by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

I had a similar problem with Callcentric. If you already have a device registered with your provider, you may have to add an extension or additional device in order for your registration to be accepted.

by (140 points)

That is actually backwards from my situation - Callcentric is the only account that always works.

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,324 users