0 votes

My Zoiper iOS app works perfectly when connected to any wifi network. I can get incoming calls and make outgoing calls. The problem is when I'm connecting via the cellular (Verizon) data network. I can get incoming calls just fine, but when I try and make an outgoing call (or internal call to another user on the system) the call disconnects after 12 to 15 seconds.  I've tried changing a few settings and looking at codec settings to no avail.  The quality of the call seems fine until it disconnects.

Have any of you experienced this and found a solution. Thanks!

in iOS by (120 points)

Hi

Try to download the other app with the version 1.13.2

Work for me... :)

Thanks for the reply. In my case it seems that VZW is filtering the SIP traffic. That's very disappointing. I may wind up switching carriers over that.  The workaround is to connect to my home network via VPN and then make my SIP call. It's not a huge deal, but I do take issue with VZW filtering the data plan that I pay to use. But that's another issue. Thanks again.

1 Answer

0 votes

Check with your Mobile data whether they restrict somehow the use of VoIP, also make sure the cellular connection is stable and is not dropping.

by (18.4k points)

It turns out, VZW is filtering the SIP traffic. As a result, I now haw have to connect to my home network via VPN and then make my SIP call. It's not a huge deal, but it is a bit irritating that VZW is filtering the data. Thanks for the reply!

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,161 users