+1 vote

I have used my account for the las 3 years. Came accross different issues but have been able to solved them all until this one.

SIP 503 - DNS Timeout

I have not performed any changes whatsoever, same internet connection, same pc, same settings.

Somehow the errors started showing 1 month ago, and have not been able to use my account ever since.
in Windows by (130 points)

I have this same problem, it occurs after my PC wakes from sleep.  If I restart the Zoiper app it connects.  

I just had this problem with the Android client and figured out that (at least for me) it was related to the VPN client I use. Not sure why, but I just needed to connect to a different VPN location, and the 503 DNS error disappeared from Zoiper.

2 Answers

0 votes

yes I have the exact same problem. The account credentials work fine on the mobile app but the Windows app works initially them times out.

by (140 points)
0 votes

No update was made to Zoiper for windows recently, something else must have changed to cause this.

This sounds like the DNS server does not reply at times. (this could be a firewall or a problem with windows or a problem with the dns server).

Can you try replacing the hostname with an ip address ?

by (11.5k points)
Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,037 users