+2 votes

Whenever I try to call anyone with the latest version of the Android app, the person I'm calling complains that they can't hear me at all. The same is true whether they are calling me or I am calling them. I have scoured the app looking for a setting but I can't find anything that looks helpful. 

in Android by (140 points)

Are they not hearing you well or they are not hearing you at all ?

If they are not hearing you at all, please try changing the settings for rport and stun as in this tutorial: http://www.zoiper.com/en/support/answer/for/android/11/SIP_-_No_audio_or_one_way_audiort

If they have low volume, you will need to talk to your voice provider, zoiper will automatically adjust the volume to what is expected by the pstn, but the volume might be altered down the path.

If the quality is bad, check the network statistics during an active call and check for excessive packetloss or jitter. (if they are fine, contact your voice provider

I've got the same problem (Zoiper 1.39, Sony Z1 C6903, Android 5.1.1, connected over WLAN to a fritz.box), my audio is so low (and sometimes distorted) that I try to avoid using it... I tried changing several settings, but my audio (ie my voice) remains unchanged.

1 Answer

0 votes

Try toggling the audio driver between OpenSLES and External Java.  Find a number with your provider that you can do an echo or record playback test with so you can diagnose what works and what doesn't.

by (210 points)
Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,384 users