+1 vote

I have DNS SRV setup with 3 call servers for fail over purposes.

Zoiper is configured to register against my domain with a timeout of 60 seconds, so if the primary server goes down, it'll re-register against the backup server shortly after.

My issue is that Zoiper often decides to register against one of the backup servers instead of the primary server, despite the primary server being active and having other phones (hard and soft) registering fine. It looks like Zoiper does not respect the DNS SRV priorities and just picks one at random.

My DNS SRV records look like below (masked for obvious reasons):

_sip._udp.sub.domain.com has SRV record 10 10 5060 sub1.domain.com.

_sip._udp.sub.domain.com has SRV record 20 10 5060 sub2.domain.com.

_sip._udp.sub.domain.com has SRV record 30 10 5060 sub3.domain.com.

Above is just the UDP records, I have identical records for TCP (_sip._tcp) and TLS (_sip._tls).

in Android by (130 points)

I have found and see the exact same problem. It seems priorities are not reset/obeyed, what happens is when the softphone looses connection it jumps to the next SRV weight, instead of starting back at the highest priority and moving up.

If we have 3 records

server-1

server-2

server-3

And it looses connection or reconnects it will go from server-1 then to server-2 then to server-3 instead of starting back at server-1 and only moving to server-2 on a server failure.

This should be addressed, as it creates problems for larger service providers.

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,126 users