0 votes

I have recently installed the new beta iOS app as I was having problems with all sounds in iOS going through earpiece when zoiper was open in the background. 

I now have a problem on the new beta that if I answer a call on my office phone the call is not being recognised as being answered on my iPhone and I have to press the home button to stop it ringing. After I finish the call on my office phone I then have 4 missed calls displayed on my iPhone from the number that called even though that's who I was speaking to on my office phone. 

Anyone have any ideas? All settings are the same as when I was on the previous zoiper version which did not do this 

in iOS by (120 points)

I am having the same problem, its incredibly annoying

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello,

We are working on implementing the iOS CallKit, which should solve the issue with the ringtone. The strange thing is that this issue is actually very intermittent, but with the availability of the the CallKit the behaviour of the incoming calls should be almost the same as the regular GSM ones.

Currently we cannot provide ETA on when the CallKit will be available, but we plan the implement it in the next Zoiper Premium release and probably the next Free release or the one after that. Once available it will be listed in the iTunes AppStore changelog for the version.

In addition, please also note that if you use one account on multiple devices the server should handle that and must send the proper package to the devices. Other than that Zoiper is using the native notification service of iOS, because of that you are receiving a notification for all events send from the system to Zoiper.

by (18.4k points)
edited by

Having the same issue on Android.  Just started today,  Exiting Zoiper Beta will not stop the ringing. Must reboot phone to stop the ringing.  

What is the device you use? Is the screen locked when the issue appears? What exactly happens?

Phone is Google Pixel XL.  Screen is locked.  It is a shared extension with my desk phone.  I answered the call on the desk phone.  Pixel kept ringing but Zoiper was not showing a call but the "ringer" was going off.  Opened Zoiper to try and stop ringing.  "Exit" Zoiper - keeps ringing.  Rboot phone.

It happened twice on Monday.  Have not used Zoiper since.

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,646 users