Hello everyone who need help about LDAP,
I had the same problem as you and here's how I solved it.
*** Note that my AD is Windows 2003
Zoiper support asked me to first update to the latest version of Zoiper Biz. I currently have Zoiper Biz 3.15.40036 64bit.
In this version, they added a checkbox "Use simple authentication". I'm not sure it helped me out but I turned it on.
*** Once in Settings-Preferences-Contacts, put a name you have in your LDAP into the search field. You'll then see it appear when the connexion will be done. Example: Joe
Now, here's what I put in the LDAP options fields:
- Use this server to search for contacts: checked
- Use simple authentication: checked
- LDAP server: [IP address of one of my AD server]
- Password: [The password of the user in CN field]
- CN: CN=John Doe,CN=Users,DC=[domain],DC=[local]
- DC: DC=[domain],DC=[local]
- Result limit: 20
- Min chars to search: 1
- Fields to search: sn, givenName (Only a few AD fields are available here)
- XMPP presence: <Do not use>
*** And here's the BIG THING!!! You have to wait a few seconds to let Zoiper do the connection!! You'll soon see the result of your search!
Hope it helps!