0 votes

Previosly I had some problems with the quality of the sound, so I bought the G.729 extension to my app, but know my calls end after a 10-15 seconds. If I get called, there is no problem, but if I call, my call ends as said before.

My phone is a ZTE Blade v6 with Android 5.0.2

in Android by (120 points)

What happens if you disable G729? If the call is setup, e.g. remote party answers, then the problem should not be related to the codec. If it is a codec problem call will not be setup.

The call is setup, but closes in seconds. I tried today inside my institution, and there was no problem, so I am testing again at home and will let you know.

1 Answer

0 votes

I'll try to summarize it here as an answer - Calls ending after certain amount of time - 10, 15, 30 or even 1 minute( could be even more) - would not be related to a codec. If there is a codec problem then the call will not setup at all, or in very rare cases lack audio. Probably in 99% of the cases where calls end after specific amount of time this means there is a NAT related issue. In such cases it is suggested to try altering settings as noted here https://www.zoiper.com/en/support/answer/for/android/11/SIP_-_No_audio_or_one_way_audio (except the Audio Driver). If possible, disabling SIP ALG features on routing devices could also help.

by (4.0k points)
Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,132 users