0 votes

Windows 64 bit 

Hi All, 

Anyone got the customised ringtone feature working?

I'm running, Zoiper 3.14.38765  - only bought it for this feature :( 

Log file just says : 

2017-04-29 12:11:08: Cannot create custom ringtone: C:\Users\GREDDIE\Downloads\1_45.WAV

I've used 16bit 8000Hz Mono files and I've tried running them through different audio convertors but I can't get any format to work.  Is the PCM setting significant?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a working .WAV and then I can work out what's wrong with all of mine.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance or ideas...

Graham 

in Windows by (120 points)

Same here (Win 8.1, 64 bit) . Wonder if someone could get it going

Come on Zoiper. We can't get the "custom" ringtone to load/work.

How's it done? The default ringtone one hears when using external speakers is not exactly the best.

So what's the default size and format and where is it? Maybe we can figure it out. 

Maybe in XML file?

The Custom ringtone works just fine in Zoiper 3.14, you should check the file for any left-over headers, the file should be blank from any headers. It should be also 16bit, 8000Hz Mono WAV file.

For example I can recommend free software such as Audacity for conversion of the file.

I'd like to change the default ringtone on my Zoiper Beta for Android.

When I try to change ringtone I get: "process android.process.media interrupted". This happens on Android 6.0.1.

On the Android of my wife (5.x) it works well.

We use both ZoiperBeta 2.2.29, library revision: v2.8.70-mod.

Currently this issue is known to exist and seems to happen only with some devices running Android 6.0.1. However this issue is not with Zoiper, but Android itself. Our developers will try to make a workaround, though.

1 Answer

+1 vote

I have tested this as well.  I downloaded and installed the Audacity software.  I converted the WAV file to the specs suggested by Tsetso.Zdravkov.  I was able to get it to work.  However, the issue I am having is that when I receive an inbound call, the custom ringtone only rings in my headset.  It does not ring through my computer's speakers EVEN though I have checked the option under General Audio settings to 'Ring through the PC Speaker.  It does ring through the PC Speaker but it does not use the custom ringtone...it uses the default ZoiPer ringtone.

Is there any help on this?

by (200 points)

Hi,

Which device is your default audio device?

Currently runnning version 5 and I have audio on the headset and pc.

Maybe you can run version 5 as well.

Best Regards,

Paul

Hi, 

Could please share your ringtone? I'm looking for regular old phone type ringtone but can't find anything which would work in Zoiper and I have a problem with creating one by myself.

Thank you!

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,347 users