+1 vote

Hi

I would like to use the 'XML Contact Service' in Zoiper5 Premium but I can't find any documentation about it. I need the XML schema to create a compatible file. Is there one available?

Many thanks

Andrew

in Windows by (130 points)

Hi

I need information on this topic, because I need to make a phone book for my work, that is automatically synchronized

2 Answers

0 votes

The XML file documentation is not ready yet since this features is not fully developed, contact us through the contact form on our website, so we can send you some draft examples.

by (34.3k points)

Hi,

something new? I would also need to import our customer contacts for the zoiper 5 via XML

thnx Jan

Please contact us through the contact form on our website, so we can send you the draft files.

Hi,

I'm also having this issue trying to implement a shared phonebook for our office. Please can you post some docs/examples up?

thnx Raoul

0 votes

Hello

Thanks for your previous answer, but in my case I implemented the contacts with the .xml file from a server, the problem is that when I add a new contact or make some change in the existing contacts, they are not reflected in the zoiper5 unless Delete the ContactsV2 file, this is a problem when you have a large number in the employee list and you must do it for each user.

I remain attentive to your comments

by (140 points)

Try restarting Zoiper or disabling and re-enabling the service. The contacts should get refreshed.

The XML contacts are polled only when Zoiper is started, or if you disable/ enable the service. We will implement a more convenient method for refreshing, however I cannot tell when and what it will be.

Hello,

I have:

Phone version: Zoiper5 5.3.8 for Windows 32bit

Library revision: v2.9.30

Phone revision: 5.3.8_Windows

UI revision: 1.2.17

I paid for the PRO license.

I have configured the contacts by XML, the first time I have configured it I have been able to see the contact that I have created.

When I add more contacts to the XML, the Zoiper doesn't show any contacts. I leave Zoiper with the right button, exit and open it again, but no contact appears to me, neither the one I had at the beginning, nor the ones I have added.

You are talking about restarting the Zoiper service, but I can't figure out how to do it. Can you tell me how?

I delete the ContactsV2.db and HistoryV2.db files when the Zoiper is closed, but when I reopen the Zoiper, the XML contacts are still missing.

Two years ago, you said you were working to solve this problem, but today, it still doesn't work.

Can you tell me how to update the contacts in the XML and that these will later be reflected in all the clients?

Greetings,

Carlos Pastor

What may be happening is that the XML file does not allow any comments.
So when using the schema provided in the PDF instructions
all comments need to be REMOVED.

I was able to show a contact that way. Unfortunately, editing is not supported, so it seems better to import via .csv instead.
Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,136 users