+1 vote

When dialing our internal conference lines on FreePBX/Asterisk (PBX) we need to enter a numeric code which is sent to the PBX as DTMF sounds. In Zoiper5 Pro for Mac this does not work, although when the soft buttons are pressed the tones are audible via the laptop speakers. I have un-checked the 'Disable DTMF sounds' in the Zoiper config. 

This works fine with Zopiter 3 Pro, on the same PBX. I.e. this is an issue with Zoiper 5 Pro. 

Other users on this forum are reporting a similar issue. This could cause us to downgrade and request a refund as Zoiper 5 can not be used without DTMF tones working correctly. 

Setup: MacOS 10.13. No VPN. Using Zoiper 5 Pro to connect to FreePBX 14.

in Mac by (130 points)

The DTMF tones issue is currently known and we have a fix for it, however before publishing the next update of Zoiper we need some time to test it internally.

You should also make sure that you are using the proper number pad, since some users might get confused by the two number pads that are available in Zoiper5. Please see our guide below:

https://www.zoiper.com/en/support/home/article/30/Navigating_a_voice_menu___IVR_with_DTMF

We are sorry for the caused inconvenience.

I'm getting this problem after installing full version of Zoiper 5 today.  No dial tone and no DTMF.

The answer above seems to be to use the dialler from the  'In Call Menu'.  However, the 'In Call Menu' does not appear until after the call has begun, using the first number pad.  Then the number pad on the 'In Call Menu' is greyed out.  As soon as the current call ends, the 'In Call Menu' disappears.

I'm using Zoiper 5.45, Windows 10 64 bit, purchased today.

Please advise how I can get the 'In Call Menu' to appear before I dial?

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,158 users