0 votes

I don't want or need Zoiper to remain in the background when I have left it, but it still does despite denying background access when I start Zoiper and in the Apps permissions.

Phone is Nokia 8 running Android Oreo.

Any ideas?

in Android by (120 points)

Hi,

The app keeps in background to be able to receive calls.

Not sure if you can disable it completely.

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,  I appreciate that if you want to receive calls the APP needs to be running in the background but I don't want the APP eating up network data when away from home WiFi as calls get routed to  my mobile.(I'm not running Zoiper directly to a VoIP VSP, it runs via my home Asterisk server)

What concerns me is that when I load the APP it asks if I will allow background running, which I refuse, AND I have "disabled" background running in the APP settings on Oreo (Nokia 8 phone) BUT it still runs in the background so seems to be overriding my user preference and Oreo settings.

Apart from that it's a good APP!!!

Hi,

Under (Zoiper)Advanced --> Supported Networks you can say which network you allow.

That might help you.

Best Regards,

Paul

I have always had the same issue with Zopier on a Pixel (now running Oreo).

I never want it to run in the background. I only use the app when off cellular and I never receive calls with it. Outgoing only.

I would like it to stop asking each time it is launched and remember I do not want it ever to run in the background.

1 Answer

0 votes

Zoiper had been running just fine when my Note 8 was running Android Nougat. However upon upgrading to Android Oreo whenever I open the app it simply crashes. Any one else encountering this same issue? How to fix it??

by (140 points)
Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,626 users