0 votes

So Zoiper 3.15 Pro had a cool feature where all of my contact information was stored on the Zoiper server and shared amongst all my licensed clients on all computers.  This was a brilliant feature, and it allowed me to bring up my entire list of contacts on all my software I was licensed to use.  I entered contacts once from a single computer, and I saw this same list on a different machine.  Awesome.

So I just upgraded to Zoiper 5.2.10 Pro, and everything related to contacts has changed in this version (for what appears to be the worst).  I cannot find a way to login to the Zoiper server as I did with version 3.15 to retrieve my stored contacts.  What is even worse is that with version 3.15, contact information was stored in an XML document.  For version 5.2.10, it looks like you are now using some database format to store this information.  The software will not import or carry over my old XML contacts at all, and I now have zero contacts.

How can I get my contacts back into the latest version without re-keying all this information all over again?  Can you please re-add the server feature where all my contacts are automatically stored and shared amongst all my Zoiper clients?  If this feature still exists, I am not seeing a way to login at all.  Can you at least allow the import of your old XML data into the new contact database?

in General by (240 points)

Currently there is no way to import the contacts from Zoiper3 into Zoiper5 since they use different methods of storing them.

Regarding the XML contact service, it does not support the same structure as Zoiper3. 

You can however try using an online XML to CSV convertor and then try importing the CSV file into Zoiper5, please note that officially this method is not supported/ recommended or we cannot guarantee that it will work properly. (This is only personal suggestion)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,560 users