0 votes

Hi,

I've recently noticed that there is a daily usage of mobile data by Zoiper.   This takes place even while connected to wifi.  This data usage seemed to happen daily just after midnight local time.   In an effort to stop this, I tried disabling mobile data overnight.   This only served to delay the data usage.   Shortly after enabling mobile data in the morning, the same data usage would take place. Typically this uses about 10-20MB per day.  I'm using the paid version of Zoiper Gold on Android 7.1.1.   Just upgraded to Zoiper version 2.2.53, but haven't confirmed if this behaviour continues.    I've disabled the access to mobile data for Zoiper.

Any ideas about what Zoiper is doing, and why it insists on using mobile data, despite being connected via wifi?

in Android by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello,

Please let us know if the issues persist with 2.2.53. 

Otherwise, Zoiper itself cannot force the connection through 4G, instead of Wi-FI, probably your Wi-Fi signal is weak and your phone is switching ot mobile data when needed.

by (34.3k points)
Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,063 users