0 votes

I am using Zoiper on Android with SIP service through 1-voip.

My cell phone contacts are entered in the form +1 2120000000. This is standard notation where the +1 means "do whatever has to be done to dial a number with country code 1". My cell phone dials fine through whatever SIM I am using, whatever country I may be in.

Zoiper accesses these contacts, but it cannot dial them. I have to re-enter the number without the +1 and then it works.

I realize 1-voip is a simulated landline service and does not use +1 notation; foreign country codes, for example, must be dialed with 011. Maybe that is the problem; but what good is a softphone if it cannot read my contacts and do whatever is needed to dial them? Should I have 2 versions of each contact, one for Zoiper/1-voip and another for other dialers?

Am I missing an option to make my contacts dialable by Zoiper?

in General by (120 points)

Hello,

Adding the phone numbers second time will be a workaround, though a dirty one. However, to achieve the functionality that you need ( dial some numbers without country code and others with 011), you would need a dialplan. Zoiper currently does not have such option. 

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,345 users