0 votes

I have Zoiper on my mobile phone since years, using it for calls via VPN if I am travelling. Otherwise I do not use it at all, and I never receive calls. For a long time it was with Android 4, since 6 months on a new phone it is Android 7. Never had any serious trouble, and never changed a thing. I did not call since many months.

Now suddenly the day before yesterday the battery of my phone was completely empty - the phone just lying around! I reloaded during the night - and a couple of hours later it was the same. The phone is not old, and normally a battery is good for at least 2-3 days.

In the "Power" settings I found no obvious guilty party, but in the WLAN I saw that since the last two days, Zoiper has generated more than 16 GB traffic! The graphic display showed a curve gradually raising, until two days ago it was "shooting upwards".

So it seems clear: Since the moment that my phone is draining the battery like mad, Zoiper is also generating excessively much WLAN traffic!

And of course my question is: WHY??

I changed the settings now to not stay on in the background, and I manually stopped the application. I will have to see if the internet traffic is now again back normal!? At least I see already a little change in the curve, but will have to wait a few days now.

I want to repeat that I did NOTHING with Zoiper since months, neither use it nor change any settings.

Thanks for any useful hint!

If it turns out that is a buggy automatic update, or whatever kind of virus that managed to "attach" to Zoiper (if this is at all possible) I may have to delete the app altogether and try to find an alternative - if possible.

in Android by (120 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,119 users