+1 vote

Hi all,

my zoiper is already configured to connect to my Voip account. 

I like to set dialing rules for my android smartphone: If I dial a local number the connection should be established over Voip, if I dial a mobile number via GSM (without confirmation dialogue). 

Is this possible by zoiper or do I need an external app? 

Thanks, 

Subidubi 

in Android by (160 points)

1 Answer

–1 vote
Best answer

Hello,

this feature is not supported.

There is a dialog that can be invoked to let you select which application to use - the default dialer or Zoiper.

by (23.9k points)
selected by

Hi,

I think, this rule would be a great feature and very useful.

Nevertheless, where can I activate this dialog?

Thank you

Julian

First of all I'd like to thank you to fix in few hours the no-audio issue after a call forwarded to Zoiper Beta from the mobile number. It works! You are great, indeed.

I'd like to detail better the reason why I'd see well some dial rules/dial plans within Zoiper.

My mobile provider offers a bunch of free minutes to call in the country. Abroad no free minutes. Therefore I use the VoIP account connected to Zoiper in outbound. I don't have any problem to choice manually a call, either via GSM or via Zoiper.

My wife (and, generally speaking, most of the no-techie guys) can't manage the two options.

A dial plan like this would be great:

Numbers starting by (just a sample for US):

• +1Z
  • 001Z
  • Z

via GSM; all the others via Zoiper.

Does it make sense?

With a dial plan like that the unique Android dialer would be Zoiper, and the standard dialer, coming with Android, isn't necessary any more. Inbound with the forward to the VoIP number and outbound with the dial plan. Zoiper would be the unique telephone interface.

Best Regards!

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,155 users