+3 votes

Since Android 5.0 the new notifications have been introduced. Moreover, the standard dialer call notification is 'overhead', i.e. non-blocking. This type of notification is supported in Android Wear without any tweaking - user can (a) see who's calling, (b) answer/reject the call.

But Zoiper keeps using 'old' (blocking) type of call notification - which is not displayed on Android Wear devices, and thus incoming calls via Zoiper are lost/missed (most Wear users prefer to disable all sounds on the phone while a Wear device is connected).

One way to fix this is to support the new system. 

Another fix could be support for Android 'intents', accessible e.g. from Tasker. If we could intercept an 'incoming call' intent (and possibly respond with an 'answer' or 'reject' intent) that would at least be a reasonable solution. 

Currently Zoiper is unusable for users of Android Wear who choose to mute all notifications on their phone.

in Android by (200 points)

That is me.  I've been using Android Wear and have my notifications turned off so miss my Zoiper calls.  It would be good if they did support this.

Well, I'm on my way to getting around that. Here's what I did so far:

1. I used Tasker and two plugins: AutoNotification and AutoWear.

2. With AutoNotification (using 'logs') I intercepted a notification from Zoiper (replaced the real number with many 8's):

Notification Intercepts - 2015-10-11 16:18:06.185 - New Intercepted Notification:
01. App name: Zoiper
02. Title: Incoming call
02. Title When Expaded: Incoming call
03. Text: 8888888888888888888888
04. Icon: file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.joaomgcd.autonotification/files/com.zoiper.android.app_-1037243240
07. Status Bar Icon: file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.joaomgcd.autonotification/files/com.zoiper.android.app_-1037243240
22. Action On Touch Id (Use with AutoNotification Actions): 9e5204cc-5479-4474-abe7-cf20df8cc5ba
Cancelled Or Created: Created
Id: 2
Package Name: com.zoiper.android.app
Progress: 0
Progress Indeterminate: false
Progress Max: 0
Show Chronometer: false
Show When: true
Status Bar Icon: file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.joaomgcd.autonotification/files/com.zoiper.android.app_3226745;
Licensing - 2015-10-11 16:18:06.016 - Lite from cache: false

3. So I created a 'profile' that intercepts a notification from package 'com.zoiper.android.app', with id: '2', with title 'Incoming call'.
4. When the profile (3) matches I send a notification to my watch using AutoWear, using 'priority: 2' and some vibration pattern (in order to wake up the watch).
That's all I did so far, just a proof of concept, but it works (albeit I haven't even set up passing of incoming number/name yet). 
After I do that, the idea is to maybe even pick up the phone using a swipe on the watch (like the regular phone calls). 

Hope this helps. Somehow I don't think the Zoiper team has any interest in directly supporting Android Wear :(

1 Answer

0 votes
Best answer

Hello, I have escalated your request to our developers. Please do not hesitate to send us your feature requests at android_at_zoiper_dot_ com

by (23.9k points)
selected by

I would just like to chime in. I am also an Android user and I am also using Android Wear. I would appreciate it if the application will support ringing notifications on Android Wear so that I wouldn't miss any calls. Just like the OP, my phone's ringer and notifications are muted anytime my Android Wear watch is connected.

Has there been any progress?

Hello

At the moment Android Wear is not supported. This feature is in our long-term plans for the future releases.

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,114 users