0 votes

I am using the free version of Zoiper on both android and Iphones with FreePBX. The android phones receive calls consistently but the Iphones only receive calls within the first few minutes of registering. I have subscribed to the 'Push' premium feature on one of the Iphones as a trial but it hasn't improved the issue; i.e  the Iphone stops receiving calls through Zoiper  a few minutes after registering. If anyone can recommend a solution I would appreciate it.

in iOS by (150 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Best answer
Since iOS 11+, Apple no-longer allows apps to work on background, thus when
you put Zoiper on background the operating system is putting it to sleep. We had a workaround that used to keep Zoiper working on background, however
since the the iOS 11 updates, it is no-longer reliable.

The only workaround would be to enable the PUSH notifications. You can find the option under Zoiper -> Settings -> Incoming calls.

However, if the timeout of the server is too low the PUSH may not work reliably. For reliable PUSH notifications we suggest at least 10 minutes of registration expiry time, or if possible the server to allow up to 1 month. You can also find more details regarding the Zoiper PUSH service, here: https://www.zoiper.com/en/support/home/article/205/Zoiper_Push_Proxy
by (34.3k points)
selected by

Thank you for coming back to me.

Your answer was very helpful and for the benefit of other forum readers I had to subscribe to push notifications at £0.99 per month on each iphone. Zoiper is now receiving incoming calls as we expect.

Thanks again for your help.

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
133,617 users