0 votes

Hello,

I am currently testing/evaluating the ZoiPer for iOS on an Apple iPhone 8 with iOS version 13.4.1

I am using Zoiper 3.26.2 for iPhone Library revision: v2.10.8.4

The iPhone is used on a local WiFi network only and does not have any cellular service.

My goal was to use this SIP softphone on the iPhone when connected to the local WiFi only.

The Zoiper app works on the iPhone and I am able to make and receive calls.  However, when the iPhone 

goes to sleep, I am not able to receive any calls.  I don't get any notification that I have a call and the iPhone

remains in the sleep mode.  I have tried changing the transport to TCP and have the same results.

I tried to use TLS but was not able to register when this setting was selected.

I have selected to use TCP again.

I have purchased and installed the "Push notification subscription" for 1 month for testing.

On the iPhone, under Settings, Zoiper, I have Allow notifications turned on and all alert types selected.

In the Zoiper settings, I have the Background App Refresh turned on.

I still have the same issue of not getting calls after the iPhone has gone into a sleep mode.

Is the Zoiper app designed to receive calls when the iPhone is in a sleep mode?

Is there something I am missing in the setup or configuration that will allow me to receive calls when the

iPhone is in a sleep mode?

Can someone explain how the "Push notification subscription" works?  Does this require cellular

service to work?

Any help you can provide would be great.

Thanks.

in iOS by (140 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi,

You can find detailed description of the PUSH service here: https://www.zoiper.com/en/support/home/article/205/Zoiper_Push_Proxy

You should also check if the PUSH is enabled from the "Incoming calls" menu.

There is also an issue since 22nd of May with the PUSH subscription of which you can find more details here: https://community.zoiper.com/8322/apple-paid-and-active-push-subscription-recognized-zoiper

by (34.3k points)
Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,182 users