0 votes

Hello

i am a total Voip Newbie.

I just registered at sipcall, got an Voipnumber and reloaded the balance of the account.

everythings looks fine and... for my luck, sipcall have an small Zoiper-tutarial for iPhone Users  at their Website.

So everything should work well... i thougth...

Account name: some name
Domain: free1.voipgateway.org
User name: <sipcall User>
Password: <VoIP-Password>
Caller ID: <sipcall user>
Auth Username: <sipcall user>
Outbound Proxy: not necessary

Klick "Register" to complete.

it looks really simple.

The only Thing i changed is the doman to

Domain: free3.voipgateway.org

I changed it because i got this

SIP-Server: free3.voipgateway.org

SIP Proxy: free3.voipgateway.org

information with my registration mail. I Thing that the tutorial is not correct / detailed in this point.

however i tried it with "free1" to.

But it ends all the time wih the information "Registering"... endlessly. And the Registatrion Status at the top of the Screen  is NO.

Sometimes i got "Authorisation failure(500)"... but i think only if i try zu cancel / or push the registration button a few times...

Really strange.... i just noticed that if ichange the connetion from 4G to Wifi or in the othe direction the app connects. Status: "Registration OK" an a green hook at Accoauts-Screen ...but only for 5 -10 Seconds. Then   i get "Authorisation failure(500)"

I hope you have an idea...

btw.: i tried it at the mobile 4G Netword and with WLAN...

THX

in iOS by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

If your account cannot register for some reason, you may try to alter STUN and rport from Zoiper's "Settings"->"Accounts"->your account->"Network Settings".

Please also make sure that the routing device is not blocking ports used by Zoiper. The default ports used by Zoiper are:

SIP port is 5060
IAX port is 4569 UDP
RTP port is 32000 and above UDP

Default STUN vallues:
Server hostname/IP :stun.zoiper.com
Port: 3478 UDP/TCP
Refresh period: 30

Keep also in mind that some mobile operators restrict the use of VoIP into their networks. Please check with your vendor.

by (18.4k points)
Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,489 users