+1 vote

Hi,

I have installed the free version of Zoiper 3.9.32144 on my Windows 7 PC.  I am connected to a Mitel 3300 PBX.  I can initiate a call and everything works as expected.  When I receive a call I hear it ringing, but when I answer it I can't hear the other party and they can't hear me.

I've tried changing a few settings, but nothing changes.  I've had other softphones on this computer and they all run just fine.  I really like Zoiper though and would like to keep using it.

Thanks

David

in Windows by (140 points)

Hello I have exactly the same problem with Windows 10 and Zoiper Biz version.

Did you find a solution ?

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes

I believe the issue is related to a misconfiguration for your network or provider, most likely changing the settings for rport and or stun will help.

Please have a look at this tutorial.

Although it is for android and you are on desktop, the steps are nearly identical for the desktop.

http://www.zoiper.com/en/support/answer/for/android/11/SIP_-_No_audio_or_one_way_audio

by (11.5k points)

Hi Joachim,

Thanks for the reply.  I've spent the last hour changing setting and making test calls and I can't get it to work.

Both X-Lite and Jitsi work fine on this PC (apart from being memory hogs).  They both run default settings and I just needed to add my SIP account details.

My Mitel 3300 PABX is behind a firewall, but there is no NAT.  The firewall only allows UDP transport for SIP.  Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks

What firewall is this ? If it allows only udp transport for SIP, it sounds like it is trying to be too clever and rewriting the SIP packets :/

Can you do TLS on server port 443 ?

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
133,622 users