0 votes

Hi,

I have difficulties starting with Zoiper. I tried to activate my account, but it says "registration failed / no DNS results / Error 923". My VoIP provider is ippi.com. I've already asked them to check what may be the issue...but they confirmed that all my setting info are correct. So, I don't know what went wrong.

Are you familiar with the problem ? What can I do to fix it ?

in Windows Phone by (120 points)

Just try as suggested by the first answer - use the IP instead of domain name. The SIP 923 means that the domain name cannot be resolved.

2 Answers

0 votes

succede la stessa cosa anche a me,a volte poi improvvisamente si registra automaticamente,a volte devo riavviare il dispositivo specialmente se passo da 3G a Wifi.

by (180 points)
0 votes

If on Windows, go to command prompt (start-run-cmd), or in terminal (if on Linux) and type in   

nslookup ippi.com

Copy down the first IP address shown

...I went back to my smartphone (connected through router wifi), and entered this:

Put IP as Host Address.  I did not specify a port on mine. (Zoiper Premium)

Left Outbound Proxy blank.

In Zoiper--- Config (wheel) --- Connectivity -- Listening Ports -- I unchecked the first port 5060. Left the others checked.

The PC laptop has Zoiper free version. Pretty much the same, except I could enter the Host Address by name; didn't have to put in IP and it works fine.

by (140 points)
Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,182 users