+1 vote

People I call with Zoiper (Biz 3.14.38765 32bit) complained that my voice is low. So I adjusted the mic volume (as explained here http://www.howto-connect.com/windows-10-raise-the-mic-volume/). But I noticed that when I use Zoiper the Level is forced back to 50%. Even if I slide the mic controller up and down in Zoiper, the level jumps back to 50% in the Windows 10 settings. This does not happen when i use X-lite softphone. Zoiper is pretty much useless now, so I'm using X-lite until this is fixed.

in Windows by (130 points)

3 Answers

0 votes

Hello,

Please try turning off the Autogain control option in your Audio options.

by (23.9k points)

I've tried. Does not work. It stil sets the system mic to 50%

I will escalate your report to the QA team

Could you please share if you are using a USB headset or the integrated audio card?

USB headset. Logitech H820e

I have the same problem, it basically makes Zoiper unusable for me.

0 votes

Hi all, this is happening to us too, we are a call center office with Zoiper 3.14 biz version

We tried also 3.16, is happening in every version, please give us a solution, as Erik said this is not happening in x.lite for example

The thing is when we call from browser dialer the Level is forced back to 50%

We ve tried jack 3.5 headset and Usb - all same error

by (140 points)
0 votes

Same thing for me in Zoiper Biz 3.16.410.38 64bit on Win 10. 

During active calls Zoiper auto adjusts system mic volume to 50 %. 

When using "Autogain" the volume increases, but eventually sets to max which is too high. 

Same result using laptop mic (Lenovo X220) and external mic (Logitech Brio).

Please see screenshot

Thanks!

by (150 points)
Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,096 users