shortcut on android for an extension

0 votes

I am trying to set up a contact shortcut on android that will allow zoiper to dial an extension. This is for my mother who is unwell and may need to contact me whilst overseas.

I have setup normal android contact shortcuts/widgets for myself as a contact on her phone which goes straight through to my mobile(cellphone) but on the normal mobile network, which wont be available when I am overseas. But when I try to setup an android contact/widget for my extension , android tries to dial the extension through the cellphone network. What I want to be able to do is setup the widget so that when she activates it- it instantly dials me on the extension using voiper. Is there a way to do this?

Thankyou

asked Apr 5, 2017 in Android by petew (120 points)  

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Pete,

Please try this to set zoiper as default dialer or that's not a solution?

Go to Settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications.

Select the 'All' tab (depends on the phone/android version) and scroll to the current dialer app.

Scroll down and press the 'Clear defaults' button. Now when you select dial, you should be prompted to select a particular app and also have the opportunity to set a new default.

Best Regards,

Paul

answered Sep 14, 2017 by Zwagerman (3,870 points)  

Thanks Paul for your feedback.

My mother decided to change phones to an iphone last month and so your advice wont help -unless it can be adapted to an iphone?

Any advice for an iphone 7?

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter,

You can also integrate on the iPhone as far as I know, but can't tell since I dont own an iPhone.

Regards,

Paul

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
Top users 02/2024
  1. Tsetso.Zdravkov

34310 Points

2. Ivan

18410 Points

3. Joachim

11490 Points

4. Anton

3950 Points

Latest tweets