0 votes

I am trying to set up a contact shortcut on android that will allow zoiper to dial an extension. This is for my mother who is unwell and may need to contact me whilst overseas.

I have setup normal android contact shortcuts/widgets for myself as a contact on her phone which goes straight through to my mobile(cellphone) but on the normal mobile network, which wont be available when I am overseas. But when I try to setup an android contact/widget for my extension , android tries to dial the extension through the cellphone network. What I want to be able to do is setup the widget so that when she activates it- it instantly dials me on the extension using voiper. Is there a way to do this?

Thankyou

in Android by (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Pete,

Please try this to set zoiper as default dialer or that's not a solution?

Go to Settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications.

Select the 'All' tab (depends on the phone/android version) and scroll to the current dialer app.

Scroll down and press the 'Clear defaults' button. Now when you select dial, you should be prompted to select a particular app and also have the opportunity to set a new default.

Best Regards,

Paul

by (3.9k points)

Thanks Paul for your feedback.

My mother decided to change phones to an iphone last month and so your advice wont help -unless it can be adapted to an iphone?

Any advice for an iphone 7?

Cheers

Peter

Hi Peter,

You can also integrate on the iPhone as far as I know, but can't tell since I dont own an iPhone.

Regards,

Paul

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,145 users