+5 votes

Is there a way to access to a CARD Dav service via Zoiper?

in Windows by (170 points)

1 Answer

0 votes

Not directly I suppose. Right now on a Mac I have set up Zoiper to use the Mac OSX Contacts app, and the address book is exclusively writing and reading from a CardDAV account. So it kind of works.
The current downside of this is that I cannot edit my contacts in Zoiper, I have to edit them in the Mac Contacts app instead (or whereever I can edit a CardDAV contact). But it's a start for me.

Since things like Nextcloud are becoming more and more widely used and CardDAV support is becoming better on all the platforms I use (Mac, Ubuntu, Win), I have asked the Zoiper Sales about this. They answered pretty fast :-)

"Thank you for contacting Zoiper.
CardDav support is included into DEV plans already. Unfortunately we can't provide a time frame for implementation.

Kind Regards,
Dimitar - ZoiPer Team"

by (150 points)

On Linux there is no such solution as Zoiper does not read any address book provider on this platform. I totally depend on the Google Address book and this is not allowed in many work environments because of privacy issues.

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,027 users