+1 vote

Hi,

Loving the new Android Zopier (v2.2.47 library 2.8.83-mod) on Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Android 6.0.1.  Good work.

This concerning experience of the UI for call handing in the new version of Zopier Android.

The call answering screen is much improved - thank-you.

But I find it hard to get to the "in-call" screen (the one where I can hang-up, put on speaker phone, mute etc.).

If Zopier is no longer front / active, I can always drag down the notifications list and tap the "in-call" notification.

But I don't understand why touching the Zopier icon on the Samsung Touchwiz home screen doesn't have the same result.  

Instead, it brings up the Zopier home screen, not the "in-call" screen.  And once at the Zopier home screen, I can't figure out how to bring up the "in-call" screen - shouldn't current in-progress calls be easily accessible inside the app?

Am I misunderstanding something?  Or is this buy design - if so why is it this way, or is an improvement #FeatureRequest

in Android by (280 points)

<Bump>

Still having this challenge - how can I reliably get back to the "in call screen" if I need to move out of Zoiper to (for example) look up something in my calendar?

Hi,

I find this behaviour very confusing too.

Huawei P20 Pro with Android 8.1.0

Step 1: Open Zoiper Beta

Step 2: Initiate an output call

Step 3: Observe the in-call screen.

Step 4: Press home.

Step 5: Observe home screen; you are still talking

Step 6: Tap on Zoiper icon again

Step 7: You are back at the main Zoiper screen - you are still in a call but where is it??

Step 8: Slide down the notofocations

Step 9: see a notification showing ZoiperBeta it says:
  ZoiperBeta v
  *26 (*26) Ongoing call
  ZoiperBeta Telviva 2262 registered

Step 10: tap on the notification

Step 11: Observe the Zoiper idle screen.  We're still in a call but STILL, where is it?

Step 12: Pull down the notification again.

Step 13: Eventually realise that the downward pointing arrow means something and tap on it

Step 14: Observe the Zoiper notification split into two sections.  One refers to the ongoing call, the other to the idle screen.  Its kinda like two programs running at once.

Step 15: tap on the top one - the Ongoing call one - and at last we find our call again.

I also really do not understand why Zoiper is built this way.  It is really counterintuitive for me and makes it hard to accomplish the simple task of consulting another app whilst on a call and then returning to the call.

Regards,
Steve

Hello,

Zoiper is not built this way, however this happens because of the HUAWEI's customised Android implementation. You can test this on a phone with "Pure" android. With the latest Android releases, every app which has a foreground service, must be shown on the notification centre. However when you are in call Zoiper creates a notification for the call itself, but due to the Huawei's customisation this secondary notification is hidden by default. I hope I was able to explain it good enough.

Nope - I seeing exactly the same behaviour as stevedavies reports above on Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

And like stevedavies "I also really do not understand why Zoiper is built this way.  It is really counterintuitive for me and makes it hard to accomplish the simple task of consulting another app whilst on a call and then returning to the call."

Frankly my Nokia phone from 1995 was *way* better at being a phone than Zopier!  

Hope the design of the UX improves in future releases.

1 Answer

0 votes

Hello,

When you go to the home screen, to return back to the call, simply open the notification centre of your Android phone, there you will find a notification that you are currently in call. Simply tap on it and you will be returned. 

by (34.3k points)

Yes I know and mentioned this. 

My question is I don't understand why touching the Zopier icon on the Samsung Touchwiz home screen doesn't also bring up in the in-call screen? 

(More details in my original post) 

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,041 users