0 votes

I have *exactly* the same question asked originally here: Please Explain How Number Re-writing is Meant to Work.  This topic is closed with the response given in a ticket which we can't see, so asking the question again here for a public reply :-)

Using Zoiper Pro  v2.5.40 on Android

How is Number Rewriting functionality is meant to work.  The help page doesn't explain and appears to be very out of date - https://www.zoiper.com/en/support/answer/for/android/124/Number_rewriting) 

I am in North American based (country code 1).

I have all my contacts set as +<country code> <number>.

So in "Number Rewriting" I select "Canada (1 CA)" and in "Rewrite International Numbers" I enter 011 (the three characters needed in my location to dial any country code which is not "1")

Now when I have a contact +1 416 555 1234, I want Zoiper to dial 14165762542, or failing that 4165762542, but it is re-written as 0114165551234 - which fails - because I'm not trying to dial country code 4, 41 or 416 

But when I have a contact +44 121 555 1234 it is correctly dialed as 011441215551234

How do I stop it re-writing +1 numbers, and ideally just strip the + leaving the 1?

I assume that what selecting "Canada (1 CA)" is meant to do this - tell Zoiper where I am (from the perspective of telephone country code), so it doesn't apply the number re-writing rule to those numbers?

(Note I have removed + from the string of characters that will be stripped - if I leave + in the list of characters to be stripped it won't even re-write international numbers)

Look forward to understanding this and getting it working - right now I have to edit every local or every overseas number before dialing!
in Android by (280 points)

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,269 users