zoiper on iOS in background not re-registering

0 votes

Hi, I have read through this forum many comments to a similar problem, but found no solution.

I am running Zoiper on an iPhone with iOS 12.2, using TCP transport, SIP protocol. Against all statements I have found, the phone does not re-register after the registration expiry, when running in the background, i.e. 10 minutes after the registration I get unregistered. According to the SIP server log, the next registration occurs only after I put Zoiper to foreground again.

This happens independently of the setting of "Force background" - which, anyways, is said to be relevant only for UDP transport.

Can the "Use push notifications" solve the problem? Somehow I cannot find any reasonable information what this setting (and buying the subscription, wow) really means...

Btw. using the transport to TLS does not change anything on this behaviour (which I rather expected).

Any help?

Thanks

--- Tom

asked May 24 in iOS by TomKov (120 points)  

1 Answer

0 votes

Hi Tom,

After iOS 11+, the apps are no-longer allowed to work on background on iOS.

The only workaround are the PUSH notifications which you can find under the "Premium Features" menu in Zoiper.

answered May 24 by Tsetso.Zdravkov (28,180 points)  
Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
Top users 12/2019
  1. Tsetso.Zdravkov

28180 Points

2. Ivan

18410 Points

3. Joachim

11490 Points

4. Anton

3950 Points

Latest tweets