0 votes

Hi, Zoiper Community!

I have an Asterisc server, which is configured to use TLS. I have set up a free SSL certificate from www.startssl.com. My Certificate Chain is : My Private Certificate --> Class 1 Intermediate Server CA --> StartCom Root CA.

I have concatenated My Private Certificate and Class 1 Intermediate Server CA in one .pem file and specified it as tlscertfile=/etc/asterisk/keys/asterisk.pem in Asterisk configuratin. The StartCom Root CA is specified as a CA option tlscafile=/etc/asterisk/keys/ca.crt.

This configuration succesfully works with Zoiper for Android/Windows/Linux and Bria for IOS. Sip clients verify certificate chain and everything goes fine.

BUT, when i try setting up a Zoiper for IOS, I get "Certificate Validation Failure(503)". If I accept the "not validated" certificate, I still have a problem. When I try to call someone, I get "Not acceptable here (488)" error.

I'm looking for help and an explanation of my problem.

Many thanks in advance!

in iOS by (120 points)

Hello, Could you please share which is the exact version of Zoiper that you are using?

2 Answers

0 votes

Hello,

Error 488 is returned from the server. Please check with your VoIP provider. As for the certificate you would need to ignore its validation, because probably it is a self-signed one.

by (18.4k points)
0 votes

Hello.

I have same iisue. On android it work, on windows phone i have certificate validation failure. On IPhone Not acceptable here. 

On windows desktop is workin great.

Zoiper on WinPhone 1.0.4.3

Did you resolve it?

by (140 points)

You will need to use the "Proceed anyway" option from the certificate validation when it prompts.

On windows phone Zoiper didn't show this dialog. On android it works.

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
135,362 users