0 votes

All outgoing calls on my Samsung S4 Mini terminate with a Forbidden (403) message. There is no fault on my SIP provider's side because I can make calls from the Zoiper Windows desktop version using the same account settings and details.

Some history: I have struggled for 2 days trying to get this account to register at work on a fibre circuit (despite opening all ports on my Draytek firewall) but there was no problem registering at home on conventional broadband. The physical IP phones were fine at work so I checked their registration settings and discovered they used an outbound proxy server. I used the same outbound proxy details on Zoiper on my Samsung and it registered immediately. Now I can't make calls.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

Grant.

in Android by (120 points)

2 Answers

0 votes

Hello

Do you tried to make calls from the same LAN where the IP phones are working? Or from your home?

by (960 points)
0 votes

When you make calls from the Windows desktop version, do you use the same outbound proxy?

Or works also without that?

by (960 points)

Hello Mohammad, thank you for taking the time to answer.

All calls from the Samsung were made on the same LAN and the working desktop version of X-Lite is using the same proxy server. None of the softphones register without an outbound proxy setup.

I have had some progress. After closing the desktop version (which uses the same account) I can make calls from my mobile and the call connects but neither myself nor the person calling can hear anything.

Thanks again

Grant.

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,182 users