0 votes

Hi,

I installed zoiper 3.3 linux free 64 version on Debia Jessie with xfce4.10

The application doesn't run correctly: impossible to create an account, freeze when Preferences is stroken.

/var/log/messages contains:

debian /etc/gdm3/Xsession[4012]: /usr/bin/zoiper: error while loading shared libraries: libXinerama.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The command ldd zoiper gives:

libXinerama.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXinerama.so.1 (0x00007fbb84791000)

any explanation ?

in Linux by (150 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Best answer

Hello,

Zoiper 3 also needs Pulseaudio. Please make sure you have pulseaudio installed on your system,.

by (23.9k points)
selected by

you are right ! thks

how did you find this solution ? it's not evident

Zoiper3 uses Pulseaudio, as it is newer, and Zoiper Classic is using Alsa as it was widely used back in the day. 

I hear sound by testing in the audio wizard but when I call an "hello world" account, I hear nothing.

Any ideas ?

Does the other side hear you?

I installed AsteriskNow on a virtual machine (KVM/qemu) and I am just testing their "hello world" example. I am at the beginning of my knowledge in this domain. The example proposes to use the softphone Zoiper.

I "see" in the Asterisk CLI the messages between Asterisk and Zoiper but I don't hear the "hello world" message.

Sorry, I cannot say more but ready to check what you want ;-)

Note:

With wireshark, I see a message between asterisk and zoiper: request bye sip 6001@<ip>:<port> and just after 489 bad event, 401 unauthorize. <ip> is not a local ip but my internet address !?
Asterisk also sends many RTP messages.

Note:
Zoiper confirms the establishment of the connexion and the hangup.

If using a SIP account, disabling STUN (or enabling it, depending on its current state) could help.

Please open settings -> Preferences;
click on Accounts;
select your account from the list on the left;
click on Advanced;
enable or disable STUN;
save the changes and try to recreate the issue.

I disabled STUN in the Advanced preferences and ... that's work !

I suppose that is work because I tested between two internal machines ?

If the client and the server are in the same network you would not need to have stun enabled.

Thank you very much for your help !

Welcome!
Ask your questions and receive answers from other members of the Zoiper Community.

Did you check our Help Section?

You are a Zoiper Biz or Premium customer? If so, click HERE to get premium support.
2,438 questions
1,541 answers
2,314 comments
134,120 users